Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How the DHARMA Initiative Works



I chose this article, because ...


DHARMA is a mysterious organization of the TV serie “Lost”. I´m a fan of this TV serie, I had watched 3 seasons of this serie and I hope watch the fourth season soon. I chose this article mainly because I wanted to know more about DHARMA.

I found enough information in the article, exactly the info I were looking for.

Absolutely, I loved this article, It shows many research that could explain some mysteries of the TV serie “Lost”. I wanted specifically to learn the meaning of DHARMA and the article links this logo inclusive with some religions like Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism.But the article shows more than I expect found, for example, the possible meaning of “the numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42”, those numbers appear in the TV serie for no apparent reason.

The most interesting thing I learnt about the article

The most interesting things that I learnt in this article were the Grand Unified Theories about exactly what causes the strange happenings on the island and in the lives of the survivors before the crash. For example it could be a new life form programmed to react in a specific way to certain stimuli. Other theory colud be that the island have “portals” that allow people to travel from place to place. The article shows several posible theories too.

Words from the article that I found difficult to understand.


1- Stealth: an aircraft-design characteristic consisting of oblique angular construction and avoidance of vertical surfaces that is intended to produce a very weak radar return.
2- Pins: persons in need of supervision
3- Spoiler: information about the plot of a motion picture or TV program that can spoil viewer's sense of surprise or suspense.
4- Suspicion: the act or an instance of suspecting something wrong without proof or on slight evidence
5- Align: to array on the side of or against a party or cause.
6- Wisely: possessing inside information
7- Afoot: in the process of development
8- Hatch: a small door or opening (as in an airplane or spaceship).
9- Quirky: a peculiar trait.
10- Barrier: something material that blocks or is intended to block passage
11- Sketchy: questionable, iffy.
12- Stipends: a fixed sum of money paid periodically for services or to defray expenses
13- Bunker: a fortified chamber mostly below ground often built of reinforced concrete and provided with embrasures.
14- Trigrams: any of the eight possible combinations of three whole or broken lines used especially in Chinese divination.
15- Disclose: obsolete : to open.

No comments: